In a recent interview with Ligonier Ministries President, Chris Larson, R.C. Sproul Jr. speaks candidly about his recent hardships, his new teaching series on God’s sovereignty in the midst of suffering, and updates us on how he and his family are doing.
- What was it that prompted you to attend worship the morning your wife, Denise, died? (00:49)
- What enabled you to teach a series on suffering after having just experienced so much? (03:11)
- Why should we try to “own” the sovereignty of God in the context of suffering? (05:03)
- Why are those in the contemporary church struggling so much with suffering and the sovereignty of God? (07:48)
- Why do bad things happen to “good” people? (10:05)
- When Jesus suffered and died on Calvary, did God suffer? (12:00)
- How do you hope this series will benefit the church? (14:37)
- How can Christians encourage those who are in the midst of great hardship? (16:12)
- How is R.C. Sproul Jr. doing? (18:46)
All people experience suffering and sorrow, yet our responses to suffering often vary widely. As we grapple with the hardships and sorrows that accompany life in this fallen world, it is crucial that we build our understanding of human suffering and divine sovereignty on the firm foundation of Scripture. In this powerful teaching series, Dr. R.C. Sproul Jr. shares poignant stories from his own life as he presents important scriptural teachings about God’s role in human suffering.