Highlands Ministries Camp for Couples
May 13-14, 2016
Who: married or engaged couples
Cost: $199 per couple.
Do you have a vision for your family? We are inviting ten couples to come May 13-14, 2016 for a time of teaching, conversation, and a great deal of fun in the home of Highlands Ministries President, Eric Owens, in Bristol, Virginia.
Steve & Kara Murphy (creators of HomeWise podcast), and pastor Laurence Windham will be the teachers, and the focus will be on getting and maintaining a family vision.
The registration fee of $199/couple covers your camp registration and meals from Friday dinner through Saturday lunch. Accommodations are not included (there are several nearby hotels and a variety of Bed & Breakfasts and vacation rentals in the area).
What will we study?
Steve & Kara Murphy on the Basics of Biblical Family Vision
- Practical helps for developing a biblical vision for your family
- How to get on the same page with your spouse
- How husbands can give clear leadership to their wives
- How wives can learn to follow their husband’s lead
- How can you know you are on a biblical track with your family?
- How to make wise decisions about what type of activities your family should be involved in.
- Opportunities for Q & A and informal conversation.
Laurence Windham on Developing a God-Glorifying Marriage
- How the way Adam talked to Eve informs our communication with each other.
- Why seeking first the Kingdom holds everything together.
- The relationship of holiness to beauty and how that glorifies God in our marriages and our lives.
Camp will be Friday, May 13th (3:00 pm) through Saturday, May 14th (4:00 pm). We encourage couples to make plans to stay through Sunday, May 15 and enjoy worship and dancing with Saint Peter Presbyterian Church as they celebrate Pentecost. We have yet to have any campers regret staying for the extra day. Worship is a wonderful way to wrap up this weekend of teaching and conversation.
Please feel free to contact us if you have any questions. We look forward to seeing you.
What about childcare?
Children — though we affirm with great vigor that they are a blessing — are not invited, and childcare is not provided. Nursing babies, however, are always welcome.
What about meals?
Your meals, Friday dinner through Saturday lunch, will be provided. If you have any food restrictions, let us know and we’ll do our best to accommodate your needs.
There are many options in either Bristol, Virginia or Bristol, Tennessee. Here are a couple about ten minutes from our meeting location at exit 7 off I-81 in Virginia:
How do we register?
Pay by credit card
Pay now in full with a credit card via our store.
Pay by check
Make checks payable to Highlands Ministries
Send to: Highlands Ministries, P.O. Box 16488, Bristol, Va. 24209
For questions or to reserve your spot